Written by: Daniel Wille, Assistant Principal
Please join us in congratulating the March Teacher of the Month, Cory Ryckman; April Teacher of the Month, Lisa Bell; and May Teacher of the Month, Jen Tompkins!
· Mr. Ryckman has really helped me out in math this year! He's very understanding and willing to support us when we struggle with difficult concepts, and makes sure we fully comprehend the material we cover! His class is both challenging and rewarding.
· He is willing to help students extended periods of time after school and will go above and beyond during these time periods.
· He is always helping his students even though learning math is very difficult to do online. He is doing a great job teaching calculus because it’s a really hard class to learn even if it’s in person, but he is still putting in so much effort to try and make sure we understand the concepts. He is very helpful and is very nice all the time. I also think that’s he has been putting in more effort than usual because of covid since it takes more work to teach us well. It’s definitely more work to teach such a hard concept online but it’s going pretty good.
· He works hard every day to post videos and grade assignments. He is willing to help anybody in 7th hour and do test preparation with students.
As a Freshman history teacher, introducing Term Papers, I could not do this at all without Lisa Bell's amazing technological and digital skills with respect to databases and research. In years past, she has done live seminars with my students, but this year, because of the obvious reasons, she made these amazing instructional videos for my Freshmen. The videos were so helpful that I shared them with my Seniors as well. She undoubtedly provides the History department with the greatest and most effective and efficient support that I for one could not do without. She is the Teacher of the Month!
· The only choice for teacher of the month is Lisa Bell. She works with teachers to make remote and hybrid learning a success, she listens to inane tech requests with more patience and empathy than any Catholic saint could muster, and she joyfully takes on jobs that other people try avoid. She is the essential cog that makes this D'Evelyn machine run.
· Lisa Bell has single-handedly made my on-line professional life sustainable. From troubleshooting to helping me lesson plan in a remote environment, Lisa has made the transition to remote learning possible. She not only supports all of the teachers with their technology needs, she makes sure that HUNDREDS of devices are in working condition for our students. Once, when my computer was on the fritz in the middle of class, Lisa immediately responded and helped me fix the issue. She is literally available at any given time. She is timely in her response and makes sure that everything I do is up and running. Even when we were all remote, Lisa has been in the building almost EVERY day making sure to be on hand for teachers who need her support. Lisa has been an invaluable member of the D'Evelyn community and makes our school a great place to be!
· Lisa should really be Teacher of the Month every month, since she does so much to make D'Evelyn run smoothly for administrators and teachers alike. She was essential to the successful transition our school community made to online learning last year and this year, and she is one of the few people I can think of whose absence at D'Evelyn would be truly irreplaceable.
Jennifer Thompkins is not only a trusted confidant in personal matters, but her unrelenting pursuit in trying to get her students to understand their content and the process of writing is only matched by her passion for the content she teaches.
· She makes learning the information fun. She is very conversational and enjoys having us in the classroom.
· Ms. Tompkins is such a sweet and wonderful teacher! She makes sure we fully understand each author we go over (and appreciate their work!) and is always willing to help out on essays and other classwork, which I really appreciate!
· I love being in Mrs. Tompkins’ class every week! She is so patient and kind and makes sure the entire class understands the day’s material before moving on. I really appreciate how she tries to include everyone in class discussions and how she sees the best in all of her students. Thank you, Mrs. Tompkins!
· She gives us excellent instruction, explains everything in a way that will help us understand, and makes school a place where you want to be.
Congratulations Cory, Lisa, and Jen!
Written by: Dan Wille, Assistant Principal
We are excited to share with you the winner of the February 2021 Teacher of the Month. Congratulations to Kari Newell! Kari is an outstanding member of our community and dedicated to the school. Thank you Kari for everything you do for our students and community as a whole! Congratulations!
Remember, you can always nominate your peers for teacher of the month by clicking HERE.
Written by: Dan Wille, Assistant Principal
We are pleased to share the winner of the January 2021 Teacher of the Month, Rachel Coughenour! Rachel has been an excellent addition this year to our already fantastic Art team and we are thrilled to have her as part of the Jaguar community. Thank you Rachel for all your contributions thus far to make this as great a school year as possible. Congratulations!
Please join me in congratulating Rachel! Remember, you can always nominate someone for teacher of the month by clicking HERE.
Teacher of the Month
Each month, the D’Evelyn administration will recognize a winner of the Teacher of the Month Award. The award recipients will be chosen based upon nominations from students, parents, and members of the D’Evelyn faculty and staff. Teachers may be nominated and subsequently recognized for Instructional Excellence, Peer Support, Community Service, Dedication, or Leadership.